Well… according to North Koreans.
North Koreans say they’re the happiest people in the world. They’re told that he’s made their country the most powerful and economically developed on the planet. A quick look at the Internet or any international media might lead to a different conclusion but in North Korea, they’re banned.
North Koreans are being systematically brainwashed by their own government, and this is clear from the startling UN reports and individual experiences.
Their people are like robots, sporting pictures of their leader and regularly attending mass rallies where thousands move in unison against Western leaders such as Donald Trump. Their official media — hyperbolic pronouncements, constant threats and worshipful praise of the leader — magnifies a delusional and worrying image.
The threat of nuclear war between the USA and North Korea, to some, is a war of ego’s and ideology. We can only imagine what this conflict will lead to.
Here is a list of wacky rules:
- There are only three channels on TV and you have to watch only those. The Government control content and any information that is released to the public
- In North Korea, if you commit a crime, not only you but your entire family would be punished for the same. Your three generations, i.e grandparents, parents and children bear the brunt of punishment
- North Korean government has 28 official hairstyles approved and all men and women in the country have to follow the same hairstyles as other hairstyles are banned
- The Bible is considered to be a symbol of western culture and therefore not allowed
- Apple, Sony, and Microsoft are not allowed to distribute their products to North Korea
- You cannot smuggle in western literature about North Korea
- It is illegal not to vote, as the government mandates that all of its citizens must vote. Unfortunately, the government also mandates that all 100% of North Korean citizens vote for the same person
That being said, I would feel a lot happier too, if I had no awareness of what was going on in the outside world.